Sunday, July 25, 2010

FOUR!!!

Today I worked twelve hours at the golf course. I worked the long hours because my boss came to me yesterday and told me if I would like extra hours I could start plugging a green that is mostly dead. When you take a plug you take grass from a healthy green, that is not in use, and replace the grass that is dead on the dead green. I spent five hours working on one green and sixty plugs later I didn't even feel like I had made a dent. While sitting on the green replacing the plugs I had many golf balls hit my way. Most were not aimed my way, some people just didn't have great control of their shots. One man did seem to aim right at me though. He was an older man and the ball plopped down about two feet from me. I was very angry, but I simply walked away and did something else for a few moments. So for all of you golfers out there please use good etiquette and always yell FOUR!! if there is any chance you might hit someone. Now for my funny story of the afternoon. There was a dad and son playing and the son was probably five years old. He was an adorable kid and a pretty good golfer as well. His dad had his back turned and the kid went ahead and tried to hit his ball. The boy muffed the shot and it only went about three feet. He then proceed to run after the ball and stand there as if nothing had happened just as his father turned around. Next, the boy hit the ball and chipped in from probably ten yards off the green without his father ever knowing he had messed up. It was definitely a great thing to watch. I am getting excited for the week to start because one of my very close friend Ethan is coming to St. Louis Thursday for the weekend. He is transferring from Northwest to Mizzou so it well be great to spend some time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment