Friday, July 2, 2010

DC cont.

This morning Angela and I got up and went to Arlington. It is so massive and a little overwhelming thinking about how many people are buried there. We got to see JFK's grave site as well as Ted Kennedy's. My favorite part of Arlington was the tomb of the unknown solider and also the changing of the guard ceremony. Here is a picture from the changing of the guard.  We then went and met Angela's friend Jordan in Rosslyn. The three of us then went and ate at a restaurant called 5 guys burgers and it was amazing. The Obama family loves the restaurant. After that we spent the afternoon walking around Georgetown. It would be amazing to go to school there, but also very expensive! After walking around all afternoon we stopped and got a cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake. There was a huge line but it moved very quickly. They were delicious! The icing was something I have never tasted before I would love to bring some home, but I would have them eaten before I left the airport. Tonight Angela and I are going to see Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Theatre!

2 comments:

  1. Love reading about your trip!
    Have a Happy Fourth of July in D.C.
    Juanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. RoRo said---love reading your blog--hoping for some more pictures from DC. How was Mary Poppins?

    ReplyDelete