Saturday, June 19, 2010

My first post

Many of my friends have started blogging and I have really enjoyed reading their posts so, I decided I would start my own blog. Also, I think it will be a great way to keep family and friends informed of some of the festivities I am partaking in.

This summer I have an internship with a company called in St. Louis. The company I am working for has many different entities under its name. I would describe the company as an office design company. They do everything from installation of walls and floors to supplying the furniture for office buildings. My internship is with the companies accounting department. I have learned a lot from my internship and look forward to becoming an accountant.

I work three days a week at my internship which is great. My mother informed me that I would need to find a second job while living in St. Louis. She sent me to St. Louis one day and told me not to come home unless I had found a second job. Shortly after arriving home I got a call from a golf center. The golf center is a family oriented golf center. They have a driving range, miniature golf, and a par three course. I got hired as the weekend grounds member. On Saturdays and Sundays, I go in at 6 a.m. and mow the greens and then complete any other tasks my boss may have for me.

Overall, I am having a wonderful summer and I am thoroughly enjoying living in St. Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment