Monday, June 21, 2010

Blog name and Friends Visit

Some of you might be asking why I have named my blog My Box of Chocolates. The answer comes from a famous quote in the movie Forrest Gump. The quote reads "My momma always said life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what your going to get." My blog will take somewhat of the same approach. There is no certain topic that I plan on blogging about day after day. I will simply blog about what is on my mind or certain adventures in my life.


Last week I had three friends from college visit me in St. Louis. My roommate Brady, his girlfriend Hilary, and one of my good friends Rosalind came down Thursday evening. Thursday night when they got into town we ventured down to the Loop in University City. We ate dinner at Fitz's Soda Bar & Grill. The food was good and it was a great environment. On our way home we stopped at Ted Drewes for some frozen custard. I got my usual, The Dutchman concrete. The Dutchman includes chocolate, butterscotch, and pecans mixed into a blizzard! It is delicious! Friday morning we went on a tour of Busch Stadium. The tour was great. We got to go out onto the field and sit in the dugout. We also got to go into the box that Mike Shannon announces from. Later that night we got to enjoy the game and the Cardinals won! It was great to see my friends from college. I really appreciate that my friends took time out of their busy summers to drive all the way to St. Louis. 

1 comment: