Saturday, June 26, 2010

Home

Last week I got to go home on Thursday and Friday. It was a great trip home and a pleasant break from the rush of St. Louis. Getting to be at home is always a treat for me. Going to school in Maryville I do not make it home too often. I really enjoy getting to see all my family and friends that I do not see much.  Thursday morning I got to play golf with our family friend Cindy and we had beautiful weather and a great visit. After that I got to go spend time with my grandparents.  Grandma always has a great meal for me when I come out for lunch. Friday I spent the day running errands with my mom. It was nice having mom home on Friday and getting to spend the day with her.  Before I left town to drive back to St. Louis mom asked if I would stay for dinner. Of course I couldn't refuse a good BBQ. For the BBQ I made my first ever dump cake. My friend Jenny has made them  multiple times and I just rave about them. She always told me that they are extremely simple and that I could make one myself. She was right! That was one of the easiest desserts I have ever made. My dump cake was a success. It came out great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment