Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day Dad!

As many of you might know today is Father's Day. My sister and I were blessed to get such a great father. There are many memories that I cherish with my dad from when I was a kid. Some of my fondest memories are working around the family farm when I was a kid. I always enjoyed riding on the tractor with dad or helping him feed the pigs. Another reason my dad is so great is because I do not think he has ever said no to me when I have asked him to play any game in the back yard. There were many evenings when he would be sitting down to watch his shows for the night and he would come out to play with me. Dad, along with Mom,  taught me many great life lessons throughout the years and as I am maturing I am understanding how important these lessons are. Thanks Dad for everything. Love You!!

Also, I need to mention my grandpa. My grandpa has been a big part of my life and has always been supportive of me in everything I have done. Throughout high school I got to spend a lot of Saturday's with he and my Uncle Chris at Mizzou football games. I always loved going to the games and talking to grandpa about my game the night before. He always had good words of advice. Grandpa has also taught me a lot of life lessons. One time he gave me a newspaper cut out titled The Man in the Mirror. It was a poem about being responsible for your actions and your words. I have kept that cut out and read it often to keep myself in check. Thank you Grandpa for everything you have done!

2 comments:

  1. Aw cute post! I like the yellow writing, and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing is, That is from the spell check telling me that is a misspelled word and I forgot to remove it before I posted lol

    ReplyDelete