Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Missing Maryville and Loving St. Louis

Last summer I stayed in Maryville and met some great people that have became good friends of mine. This summer I have really missed being in Maryville with all of my friends. The biggest reason is that quite a few people that I knew were staying over the summer and it would have been a lot of fun to get to play slow pitch and sand volleyball with them. I talk to them and they tell me about the great BBQ's they are having and I envy them. On the opposite end of the spectrum I am loving my time in St. Louis. It is great to be able to go out after dinner and go to a driving range or grab some ice cream. One of my favorite things is the adventure of trying to find a place that my mom has taken me a thousand times without her help. Although, she has received many calls from me asking for directions. Thanks mom! Also, I am able to see a lot more of my family that lives in St. Louis. I got to spend a lot of time with my cousin, Michael, before he left for Los Angeles. We had a lot of great laughs together and I want to wish him all the best out in LA. It is a weird feeling missing one place and enjoying myself so much in another place. I am lucky to have the opportunity in St. Louis, but I can't wait to get back to my friends in Maryville!

1 comment:

  1. Why aren't my comments showing up as much? I know what you mean about missing Maryville.

    ReplyDelete