Saturday, September 25, 2010

5k Success!

This morning I got up with my roommate and his girlfriend and ran my first ever 5k race. We had very low expectations of ourselves as we had not trained a minute for the race. We jokily did some stretching before the race poking fun at the serious racers who obviously finished before us. As soon as the race started it started to rain and about a half mile into the race it started to pour the rest of the time we were running. It was also in the upper forties lower fifties while we were running so it was very cold.  Our only goal was to complete the race in under thirty minutes. We thought we could keep a good enough pace to run ten minute miles. We did achieve our goal and crossed the finish line at about the twenty eight minute mark. We felt great after we completed the race. It was much easier running a 5k than I expected. I had always been intimidated by the race. I finally found a great running partner in Brady and we had a great time. I would hope that anyone who wants to run a 5k would do so. You feel great after you get done running the race.

1 comment: